From: John Kern <jkern3@NOSPAM.visteon.com>
Subject: Re: Ada automatic code generation for Simulink models
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 16:19:38 -0400
Date: 2002-05-31T16:19:38-04:00	[thread overview]

I guess what your are saying is to go ahead and allow code generators to
use the "Universal Assembly" language, and use Ada for only the parts
that cannot be modeled.  The auto industry is endeavoring to model the
whole ECU in either Simulink or UML, leaving no room or need for
generated Ada code.  However we still get bogged down with the
standardization and modeling of the tasking kernel, the unsafe C
constructs and MISRA compliance, weak typing and the representations of
variables, etc. which didn't seem to be that big a problem when using
Ada.