* RE: GNU Readline ?
@ 2002-05-17  9:38 Caldwell Ian
From: Caldwell Ian @ 2002-05-17  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Is there an Ada port/bind of the GNU Readline library around ?

Have you looked at GNAT.Command_line which comes with GNAT?

Ian Caldwell
QinetiQ Malvern
+ 44 (0) 1684 89 4461

_

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

* Re: Re: GNU Readline ?
@ 2002-05-17 11:12 ` Sylvain NAHAS
From: Sylvain NAHAS @ 2002-05-17 11:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Caldwell Ian wrote:
> Have you looked at GNAT.Command_line which comes with GNAT?

Sylvain NAHAS answered:
I thank you for your attention.

Actually, I know the package GNAT.Command_line, is spite of I am full newbie
in Ada (I'm learning it for two weeks)
Here is the quote from the GNAT user manual : "The package `Ada.Command_Line'
provides access to the command-line arguments and program name"
It fournishes facilities such as argument access you have in C, and
implementation of the "getopt" function.

I'am looking for something like GNU Readline. The following quote comes from
the readline manual : "utility which aids in the consistency of user
interface across discrete programs that need to provide a command line
interface"
It allows to offer to the user an command-line-like interface, such as you
have in a Shell (it may be the same code, in fact). It includes : command
history, binding to key strokes, and an easy configuration set.

For my own need, I've begun to build a binding to this library. But as I am
very lazy and coward I'd like to use another one, if available.

In the other case, would it be of interest to share it with the community ?

Greets.

* Re: GNU Readline ?
@ 2002-05-19 12:18   ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2002-05-19 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sylvain NAHAS wrote:

> I'am looking for something like GNU Readline. The following quote comes from
> the readline manual : "utility which aids in the consistency of user
> interface across discrete programs that need to provide a command line
> interface"
> It allows to offer to the user an command-line-like interface, such as you
> have in a Shell (it may be the same code, in fact). It includes : command
> history, binding to key strokes, and an easy configuration set.
>
> For my own need, I've begun to build a binding to this library. But as I am
> very lazy and coward I'd like to use another one, if available.
>
> In the other case, would it be of interest to share it with the community ?

Sharing bindings to libraries and utilities is always of interest to the
Ada to the community, so by all means do release it when you're done.
www.adapower.com is a good, centralized place to submit such software
for sharing.

Marc A. Criley
Consultant
Quadrus Corporation
www.quadruscorp.com

* Re : Re: GNU Readline ?
@ 2002-05-20 10:28     ` Sylvain NAHAS
From: Sylvain NAHAS @ 2002-05-20 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

At this time, taking answers to my question into account, it seems that there is
no Readline binding done.
So I'll work on it. it will be a fair exercice I guess.