From: Jim Rogers <jimmaureenrogers@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: High Dependability Computing Consortium
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 14:59:18 GMT
Date: 2002-05-17T14:59:18+00:00	[thread overview]

Russ wrote:

> I am curious to know what Ada folks think of the High Dependability
> Computing Consortium
>
> http://www.hdcc.cs.cmu.edu/index.html
>
> Are they on the right track, and are they giving adequate attention to
> Ada? Thanks.

Interesting work. As usual in such meetings, they are spending a
significant amount of time re-inventing the wheel. They also do
not seem to be listening to each other very well.

Each document displayed a tight focus by its author(s) with
no evidence of interaction. Boehm, as usual, displayed a lot of
graphical data with little connection to details. Other groups
seem to want to jump into the details with little formal analysis.

This meeting appears to be a very early step in defining various
positions and beliefs. This primarily political process will
continue until some subgroup becomes dominant. At that point a
serious technical proposal may emerge.

Jim Rogers