From: Richard Riehle <richard@adaworks.com>
Subject: Re: Digital MoBoard in Ada
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 19:19:12 -0700
Date: 2002-05-13T02:17:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Matthew Woodcraft wrote:

> In article <3CDC6AE3.FCBB6E96@adaworks.com>,
> Richard Riehle  <richard@adaworks.com> wrote:
> >They have recently put up a web site that might be of interest
> >to some of the readers of this forum.    It is an example of how
> >Ada along with GtkAda can be used successfully to develop
> >are really useful application.    If you like it, drop them a note
> >of encouragement.
>
> I see:
>    Javascript is either disabled or not supported by this browser.
>    This page may not appear properly.
> and nothing else.
>
> As far as I'm concerned, this site isn't an example of the successful
> use of anything.

I was able to display the site.   However, I will contact the authors
and let them know that some people are having trouble with it.  The
digital moboard is not about web sites anyway.    They simply put
up a quick web site to provide information about their software.

For those who were able to access the site, the two Naval officers
doing the development are continuing to expand the capabilities of
their software.    If the Navy eventually adopts it on a larger scale,
it will be an excellent Ada project.    Of course, if one of our large
military contractors gets hold of it, it will probably get translated
into C++, the price tag multiplied by several orders of magnitude,
and the entire project washed out to sea in an empty beer bottle.

Richard Riehle