* Hanging compilation
@ 2002-04-27 14:25 Poul-Erik Andreasen
From: Poul-Erik Andreasen @ 2002-04-27 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey

I have a problem with Gnat it will not temiatete.
I have isolatet the problem to the following lines of code

   select
       Error_Sound.Beep_Now(To_String(Resource(SOUND_PROGRAM)),
       To_String(Resource(SOUND_ARG)));
   else
       null;

   end select;

If i only check syntaks with the gnatc option it end's whitout errors
Can anyone give me a clue.

--
-
Poul-Erik Andreasen

* Re: Hanging compilation
@ 2002-04-28 12:17 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2002-04-28 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Poul-Erik Andreasen wrote:

> Hey
>
> I have a problem with Gnat it will not temiatete.
> I have isolatet the problem to the following lines of code
>
>    select
>        Error_Sound.Beep_Now(To_String(Resource(SOUND_PROGRAM)),
>        To_String(Resource(SOUND_ARG)));
>    else
>        null;
>
>    end select;
>
> If i only check syntaks with the gnatc option it end's whitout errors
> Can anyone give me a clue.

A completely compilable program that exhibits this behavior needs to be
posted.  Also, what version of GNAT?

Marc A. Criley
Consultant
Quadrus Corporation
www.quadruscorp.com

* Re: Hanging compilation
@ 2002-04-28 13:34   ` Poul-Erik Andreasen
From: Poul-Erik Andreasen @ 2002-04-28 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Marc A. Criley" wrote:

> Poul-Erik Andreasen wrote:
> >
> > Hey
> >
> > I have a problem with Gnat it will not temiatete.
> > I have isolatet the problem to the following lines of code
> >
> >    select
> >        Error_Sound.Beep_Now(To_String(Resource(SOUND_PROGRAM)),
> >        To_String(Resource(SOUND_ARG)));
> >    else
> >        null;
> >
> >    end select;
> >
> > If i only check syntaks with the gnatc option it end's whitout errors
> > Can anyone give me a clue.
>
> A completely compilable program that exhibits this behavior needs to be
> posted.  Also, what version of GNAT?

I use gnat-3.13p-7
Well, the complete program consist of 355KB in 81 sourcefiles. Besides
have
made a workarund, that work s� far. When i get the time i will try to
make
minimalistig piece of code to isolate the problem.

--
-

Poul-Erik Andreasen

* Re: Hanging compilation
@ 2002-04-30  2:45     ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2002-04-30  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Poul-Erik Andreasen <poulerik@pea.dk> wrote in message news:<3CCBFA66.DBA3AAC6@pea.dk>...

> I use gnat-3.13p-7

Note that this is not a version that came from ACT, so you will have
to find out what it is precisely. In any case it is out of date!

* Re: Hanging compilation
@ 2002-04-30 12:50       ` Poul-Erik Andreasen
From: Poul-Erik Andreasen @ 2002-04-30 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Dewar wrote:

> Poul-Erik Andreasen <poulerik@pea.dk> wrote in message news:<3CCBFA66.DBA3AAC6@pea.dk>...
>
> > I use gnat-3.13p-7
>
> Note that this is not a version that came from ACT, so you will have
> to find out what it is precisely. In any case it is out of date!

I shall remember.

--
-