* The incredibly slimy ethics of Robert Dewar
@ 2002-04-23  3:11 Kent Paul Dolan
From: Kent Paul Dolan @ 2002-04-23  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

This isn't even the first time this has happened; this fruitcake is a
real piece of work:

First he gets caught following up an article without paying attention to
where it was being posted, so he finds someone else to blame, but
without admitting his real concern:

To: xanthian@well.com
Subject: your posts
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:02:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar)

Can you please avoid junk cross posting, e.g. to misc.misc and even
more dubious groups, it really annoys people, quite understandably.

So I tell him why I crosspost:

From:  xanthian Mon Apr 22 14:04:08 2002
To: dewar@gnat.com
Subject: Re: your posts

Robert,

All my posts, everywhere, are cross-posted to misc.misc; it has to do
with
a decade long battle with the mindless maggots who think group charters
don't apply to them.

When I cross-post to talk.bizarre, it is because some part of what I
wrote
will amuse the people there.

Otherwise, I cross-post when the topic is appropriate for the indicated
newsgroups.

xanthian.

At which point he admits that he's mad because _he_ made a mistake:

To: dewar@gnat.com, xanthian@well.com
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:43:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar)

I got angry messages from talk.bizarre. I really think this
cross-posting
is a very bad idea. Since you are doing it on all your posts, I have
added
you to my kill list, since I don't want to make the mistake of repeating
this mistake and understandably make people mad.

THanks for your note.

To which, having been twice insulted, I try to respond:

From: xanthian Mon Apr 22 16:56:23 2002
To: dewar@gnat.com

Funny, I _never_ get angry messages from talk.bizarre for my xposts
there,
perhaps because I take care that what I post actually contains something
the generous person might consider *bizarre*.

As for kill files, have at it.  I kept a long string of your inane
letters
defending your rudeness to c.l.a posters online for general consumption
for
a _very_ long time, they may be there still, though I think lack of
space
eventually did them in; it isn't as if you or I have compatible life
philosophies or anything.

xanthian.

But of course, having twice disobeyed my long past admonishions to keep
his worthless and provocative tripe out of my email box, the gutless
coward has one again spammed and run:

To: dewar@gnat.com, xanthian@well.com
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:58:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: dewar@gnat.com (Robert Dewar)

Sorry mail is no longer being accepted at this address from
xanthian@well.com
so your mail is returned unopened

When is publishing private email OK?  When the perpetrator leaves no
other choices.

And as I say, this isn't the first time this entire cycle has gone
around, making at least both of us slow learners.

It's too bad someone with such low personal morals has his hooks so
firmly sunk into the Ada community; without his constant obstructionism
and insults to new Ada users, real progress in bringing Ada into synch
with modern programming practices might be possible.

FYI

xanthian.