From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Case statement and Integers.
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 21:26:54 GMT
Date: 2002-04-20T21:26:54+00:00	[thread overview]

Wannabe h4x0r wrote:

> Not me. No way. I gotta be different. I have this irresistable urge to
> zig while everyone else in the course zags.(Been pretty successful so

Which is great, as long as you don't zig straight into a concrete pylon. :-)

> thought of before. Using an if..else statement wouldn't be original. Heh.

Comming up with creative solutions to complex problems is what computer
science is all about. Your creativity is what is going to bail you out
of a millon problems in the future. So there's nothing wrong with being
original, just do it for the right reasons. Often times there's a good
reason everyone is doing it a certian way. So if your "original"
solution is more work and less easy to follow (and for you to get
working), you should probably give the boring approach another look. :-)