From: "Joachim Schröer" <joachim.schroeer@dornier.eads.net>
Subject: Re: How to calculate the number of seconds since January 1st, 1970 ?
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 14:00:39 +0200
Date: 2002-04-02T14:00:39+02:00	[thread overview]

P. Renaud wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have to calculate the number of seconds since January 1st, 1970
> 00:00.
>
> I tried using the Calendar package but it always fails with the
> Time_Error exception (the minus operator used to calculate the
> difference between the current date/time and the reference date/time
> is greater than the duration type limit).
>
> How can I do to obtain the correct result ?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> P. Renaud

Hi,

you could download

www.adapower.com\schroer\lib-src.zip

Use one of the "-" functions in package utilities.calendar_utilities.
The functions may be used to calculate what you are looking for.
The package is a version of Grady Booch's calendar_utilities with some
additional features.

Best regards
	J. Schr�er