From: Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@nbi.dk>
Subject: Re: A very strange problem indeed...
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:03:29 +0100
Date: 2002-03-18T19:03:29+01:00	[thread overview]

Karl-Johan Karlsson wrote:

>    Put("size you want: ");
>    Item_Type_IO.Get(Choice);
>    Put("amount you want: ");
>    Get(Item_Amount);

Are you certain that you are not missing a:

     Skip_Line;

at this point?  You might want to consider what happens to
the characters (including a possible line break) entered
after the amount.  Have you read the description of the
"Get" procedure properly?

> > Also, I am using Ada98, not Ada83 under Win98.

There is, as far as I know, no such thing as "Ada98".  You
are most likely using either Ada 2001 (this name is seldom
used in practice, since the 2001 revisions to the language
reference manual were relatively minor) or Ada95.

Jacob
--
"There is nothing worse than having only one drunk head."