From: Richard Riehle <richard@adaworks.com>
Subject: Re: NetBeans and ADA?
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 09:42:53 -0800
Date: 2002-03-07T17:39:54+00:00	[thread overview]

Ingo Marks wrote:

> Sergey Koshcheyev <serko84@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'd like to also offer my help, since I'm quite interested in Eclipse. I'm
> > currently investigating it, but I'm not an experienced programmer and it's
> > been a while since I looked at Java.
> >
> > Sergey.
>
> Did you already take a look at JGNAT? You can compile ADA code into Java
> bytecode with it, so you don't need to code in Java anymore.

The current version of  JGNAT works quite well for some things.   It is in need
of some serious updating though.   I wish there were more commercial customers
for it so ACT would have a greater incentive to do more work on it.  Robert
Dewar is right when he states that lack of customer demand (make that paying
customer demand),  leads a company to examine its priorities more carefully.
The fact that ACT did invest its own resources in developing JGNAT and
found very little financial reward for it is sad.

So, I would like to ask that those who are using it find some reason to help
make
it financially attractive for ACT to continue to update the product.

Richard Riehle