From: Alfred Hilscher <Alfred.Hilscher@icn.siemens.de>
Subject: Re: Adagide install doesn't seem to work?
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 15:59:50 +0100
Date: 2002-03-04T15:59:50+01:00	[thread overview]

Ben wrote:

> Hey there.  Thanks for the reply.
>
> I went ahead and did the following:
>
> Uninstalled both products
> Installed gnat at X:\GNAT
> Installed the newest adagide at X:\Program Files\adagide
>
> And it seems to work fine.  This is under XP Pro, but I do have the required
> priv's.

I am not sure, but I think it's because of the blank character in the
pathname. Although windows accept it, its handling is something special.
E.g. you must write 'dir "program files"' rather than 'dir program
files' on the command line. The same is valid when calling programs
("\program files\adagide\adagide" vs. \program files\adagide\adagide).
While AdaGide does some explicit handling for path names to avoid
problems, GNAT seems not to do so.