From: john donoghue <donoghue@chariot.net.au>
Subject: Re: object ada, visual c and tasking combined.
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:23:58 +1030
Date: 2002-02-28T07:23:58+10:30	[thread overview]

Randy Brukardt wrote:

> >The C task was a windows thread.
> >The data beging passed around could have been anything - it didnt
> matter even
> >if I never used the value being passed in. Just calling the ada code
> from
> >another windows task caused problems.
> >
> >I gave up on MFC and am using some c++ classes I have written
> previously that
> >use just the basic win32.
> >These dont have any tasks created for messages pumps or anything, and
> so
> >allows me to create a task in ADA that processes the message loop and
> allows
> >me to keep all tasks as ada ones.
> >... no more unknown application closing now :)
>
> If you really need a task safe GUI, you should look into Claw. Claw
> provides a task-safe object-oriented Ada interface to Windows, if you
> used it, you wouldn't need any C at all. And its a lot easier to use
> than writing raw Win32 (in any language). You can look at the
> Introductory version at www.rrsoftware.com/htmp/prodinf/claw.htm.
>
>              Randy Brukardt.
>              Disclaimer: I'm one of the authors of Claw.

Well C++ is my language of choice ... when I have a choice :)
I have programmed win32 for quite a few years before having to stry
across onto the dark side for MFC.
I have written several C++ classes for win32 programming which, when I
get to put them on the web, will be at ezwin.sourceforge.net ( project
info: http://sourceforge.net/project/ezwin/?group_id=47473 )