From: Dave Poirier <instinc@users.sf.net>
Subject: scope and visibility
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 23:00:14 -0500
Date: 2002-02-26T23:00:14-05:00	[thread overview]

this is most certainly a FAQ one, but, I've been reading the Lovelace
tutorial, tried reading chapter 8 of the ALRM and read the part
concerning visibility in Ada Distilled.

I understand the difference between 'with' and 'use', that's no problem,
but I'm having quite a hard time with 'private' and friends.  Is there
any tutorial detailing from side-to-side how those work for ada-newbies?

The chapter 8 of the ALRM is definately complete but is so full of Ada
terms that I'd have to spend 10 days pulling my hair going from side to
side of the book to figure it out.  Most Ada-newbie tutorial teaches you
how to write basic apps skimming visibility (mostly talk about with/use
and that's it).

Any url, doc, explanation whatever would be greatly appreciated.  I've
been trying for the past 4 hours to created a Bounded_String and just
can't get it.

Thanks,
EKS - Dave Poirier.

note: something nice full of examples using the Ada libraries, with both
working and non-working examples for all possible combinations and why
they [don't] work...