From: Hyman Rosen <hyrosen@mail.com>
Subject: Re: Mainstream Ada
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 06:00:05 GMT
Date: 2002-02-25T06:00:05+00:00	[thread overview]

Richard Riehle wrote:
> Clever response, Dr. Rosen, but its intent is rather transparent.
> We both know it is a wrong interpretation of my message, and
> intended only as a provocation, not as a serious comment.

It's just "Mr. Rosen" - I only have a B.E.E. I was really being
serious, not satirical, but perhaps I misunderstood what you were
trying to say. I thought you were saying that developers choose a
language which will allow them to add more features to their code.
Did you instead mean that developers choose a lnaguage which has
more features? Even so, I think Ada can hold its own for number of
features against other languages!

As I have said before, I dislike Ada mostly for its looks, not its
content. I certainly don't bear the language any ill will. And I
don't really think I troll, just tease a little. I will defend C++
against incorrect statements, and vigorously, but there's nothing
wrong with that.

Thinking about Ada style, I am reminded of some lines from the old
filk song, "Write in C" (to the tune of "Let It Be") -

	I hate the word "procedure", write in C.
	The government loves Ada, write in C.

{ducking} :-)