From: Ted Dennison <dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: Ada Components - GRACE Lists
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 01:26:29 GMT
Date: 2002-02-23T01:26:29+00:00	[thread overview]

Marin David Condic wrote:

> Anything happening lately on the GRACE components (lists) that we were
> discussing here? Has this withered on the vine? Or is there still some
> interest in getting it done & posted somewhere semi-official? (AdaPower?)

I just got back from my 2 week Olympic vacation and came across this.

The current status as near as I can tell is the following:

1  We have a spec for unbounded lists.
2  I have an implementation, which is mostly tested.
3  I have a request in about the name, but only got a response that the
request was being forwarded. Its tough going because I can't find any
contact information for the folks who made the old Ada83 "GRACE"
components. I think they may be essentially dead and gone. Given that,
and the fact that they trademarked "GRACE" and not "Grace", I think we
may be OK using the name (at least tenatively during the beta stages),
but I'm sure some will disagree.

4  Before releasing what I have, I'm beginning to think the effort
requires something considerably more formal that what we have been
working for. In particular, I'd like to see a full-blown CVS-controlled
project, perhaps hosted on Savannah or AdaPower. This would also allow
us to take some of the discussion traffic off of the newsgroup, which I
think some here would be very appreciative of.

Mostly what has been sidetracking progress is that I'd like to do 4, but
to do it we need some kind of resolution of 3 (I'd imagine changing the
name of a hosted project would be a real pain).

---
T.E.D.

(I survived the 2002 winter olympics)