From: Richard Riehle <richard@adaworks.com>
Subject: Re: Ada Distilled
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 08:35:16 -0800
Date: 2002-02-22T16:28:09+00:00	[thread overview]

Jeffrey Carter wrote:

> Richard Riehle wrote:
> >
> > A new PDF version of Ada Distilled is now available on several
> > websites.
> >
> >          Jack Gansle has asked permission to include it on his web site.
>
> Is this the Jack Ganssle who writes the column for ESP? If so, this is
> good news.
>
> --
> Jeffrey Carter

Yes. Jack Ganssle is an intelligent and thoughtful practitioner of embedded
systems
software development.   He recognizes the benefits of Ada for many kinds of
applications.    Jack and I have been corresponding about Ada because he has
been wondering why it has not been more widely adopted, given what he sees
as its benefits.    He agrees that it could be more popular if developers knew

the facts instead of the rumors so he  asked if he might be allowed to
include Ada Distilled on his web site. I, of course, gave him the go-ahead to
do so.

Richard Riehle