From: Jeffrey Carter <jeffrey.carter@boeing.com>
Subject: Re: DEC Ada and packages
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:33:05 GMT
Date: 2002-02-15T17:33:05+00:00	[thread overview]

Charlie McCutcheon wrote:

> I may not have used the preferred terms, but GNAT does require specific file
> names, or you can't compile your program.  Otherwise GNAT doesn't find package
> specifications, etc..

GNAT has a default file-name scheme, but it doesn't require that files
be named using that scheme. See the secret documentation for details.

What GNAT does require that other compilers may not require is that each
compilation unit be in a file by itself.

> On VMS, GNAT CHOP will take my usual Ada source and create the filenames
> required by GNAT.

Gnatchop will create files with the default GNAT file names. You are not
obliged to use those names, though in many cases it's easiest to go with
the flow.

--
Jeffrey Carter