From: Charlie McCutcheon <charlie.mccutcheon@NOSPAMcompaq.com>
Subject: Re: DEC Ada and packages
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 08:25:32 -0500
Date: 2002-02-15T08:25:32-05:00	[thread overview]

Jeffrey Carter wrote:

> Charlie McCutcheon wrote:
> >
> > Other compilers, such as GNAT Pro require specific naming conventions
> > of files depending on the compilation units within (ie procedure X must be
> > in file X.ADB, ....).
>
> Uh oh, you're likely to incur the wrath of Robert Dewar for this bit of
> misinformation.

It wouldn't be the first time.  We know each other.  8-)

I may not have used the preferred terms, but GNAT does require specific file
names, or you can't compile your program.  Otherwise GNAT doesn't find package
specifications, etc..

On VMS, GNAT CHOP will take my usual Ada source and create the filenames
required by GNAT.

Charlie