* New version of Mine Detector game
@ 2002-02-02  6:08 Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2002-02-02  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

PragmAda Software Engineering announces a new version of the Mine
Detector game, available from

http://home.earthlink.net/~jrcarter010/mindet.html

The mirror on www.adapower.com will hopefully reflect this change soon.

The only difference in this version is that different messages are
displayed when the game is over indicating whether the player lost or
won.

--
Jeffrey R. Carter
PragmAda Software Engineering

* Re: New version of Mine Detector game
@ 2002-02-03  2:31 ` Navid Azimi
From: Navid Azimi @ 2002-02-03  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I click 'New Game' it closes. Bug or Feature?

-- Navid

@ 2002-02-03 12:20   ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2002-02-03 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002 18:31:35 -0800, Navid Azimi wrote:
> When I click 'New Game' it closes. Bug or Feature?

Hardly feature, but always remember to tell which platform you use and
if you used the binaries supplied or if you compiled the source
yourslef. It is easier for the developers to track down/ reproduce the
error in that way.

On Linux (both the binary and the self compiled) min detect works with
no problems so far. And the 'New Game' button gives you a new game.

--
Preben Randhol         �For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.�

* Re: New version of Mine Detector game
@ 2002-02-03 20:07   ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2002-02-03 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Navid Azimi wrote:

> When I click 'New Game' it closes. Bug or Feature?

Something is wrong somewhere. On Win98/NT and Linux this has been tested
and found to result in a new game. On Win2k there are known problems
that appear to be related to the OS, not the code. Possibly GNAT 3.14p
will fix it, but I haven't been able to try that yet.

What platform are you using?
Are you running the precompiled binary or building it from source?
If you're building it from source, what compiler and GtkAda versions are
you using?

--
Jeff Carter
"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

* Re: New version of Mine Detector game
@ 2002-02-05  4:58     ` Navid Azimi
From: Navid Azimi @ 2002-02-05  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

1. Precompiled Code (native .exe)
2. Windows XP Pro
3. I ran the .exe with all the given .dll in the same directory.

@ 2002-02-06  2:09       ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2002-02-06  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Navid Azimi wrote:

> 1. Precompiled Code (native .exe)
> 2. Windows XP Pro
> 3. I ran the .exe with all the given .dll in the same directory.

Perhaps this is the same feature that Win2k has.

> -- Navid
>
> "Jeffrey Carter" <jrcarter@acm.org> wrote in message
> > Navid Azimi wrote:
> > >
> > > When I click 'New Game' it closes. Bug or Feature?
> >
> > Something is wrong somewhere. On Win98/NT and Linux this has been tested
> > and found to result in a new game. On Win2k there are known problems
> > that appear to be related to the OS, not the code. Possibly GNAT 3.14p
> > will fix it, but I haven't been able to try that yet.
> >
> > What platform are you using?
> > Are you running the precompiled binary or building it from source?
> > If you're building it from source, what compiler and GtkAda versions are
> > you using?
> >
> > --
> > Jeff Carter
> > "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
> > Monty Python's Flying Circus

--
Jeff Carter
"You couldn't catch clap in a brothel, silly English K...niggets."
Monty Python & the Holy Grail