From: Alfred Hilscher <Alfred.Hilscher@icn.siemens.de>
Subject: Re: AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows95/98/NT/...)
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 13:58:18 +0100
Date: 2002-02-01T13:58:18+01:00	[thread overview]

Hyman Rosen wrote:

> You can read the link I referenced earlier, or directly from MS,
> <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q99803>,
> where you will find
>
>         MDIWinMN.exe shows you how to limit the number of listed MDI children
>         in the Window menu to any number and how to bring up a customized dialog
>         box when the More Windows menu item is selected. This sample also shows
>         how to list all the MDI children in the Window menu without using a
>         More Windows menu item.
>
> So it certainly can be done. Maybe now the OP can do it himself :-)

I had a look at this site (your earlier link didn't work). What they
show is how "the application can handle" it: "Specify NULL as the Window
menu handle when creating the MDI client, because the application
handles all the processing of the Window menu: "

This is no contradiction to what I said: "Windows itself only shows nine
files". Ok, you are not limited to the use of windows default behaviour,
so you can overcome this limit - but _you_ have to handle it.