From: Adrian Hoe <byhoe@greenlime.com>
Subject: Re: Ada implementation of Mersenne Twister (MT19937)
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 11:42:04 +0800
Date: 2002-02-01T11:42:04+08:00	[thread overview]

"Bobby D. Bryant" wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 00:55:00 -0600, Christoph Grein wrote:
>
> >> From: Preben Randhol <randhol+abuse@pvv.org>

> >> A random number generator that produces the prescribed result doesn't
> >> sound very good ;-)
> >
> > I see your smiley on this, but seriously, you can get unpredictable
> > random numbers only from physical devices like radioactive decay etc.
>
> FWIW, sometimes in simulation work it's important to be able to get the
> same sequence of pseudo-random numbers all over again.

Yes. I the same sequence again for testing simulated annealing algorithm
which is used in one of my company research project. This research
project would add benefits to our ERP software for furniture industry to
help solve traveling salesmen problems.
--
                              -- Adrian Hoe
                              -- http://greenlime.com/users/adrian.hoe