* Re: Ada implementation of Mersenne Twister (MT19937)
@ 2002-01-29  6:55 Christoph Grein
From: Christoph Grein @ 2002-01-29  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: Preben Randhol <randhol+abuse@pvv.org>
>
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 21:00:25 +0100, Christoph & Ursula Grein wrote:
> > I've an implementation together with a test driver. It produces the
> > prescribed result.  Whoever is interested I will send.
>
> A random number generator that produces the prescribed result doesn't
> sound very good ;-)

I see your smiley on this, but seriously, you can get unpredictable random
numbers only from physical devices like radioactive decay etc.

> --
> Preben Randhol         «For me, Ada95 puts back the joy in programming.»

[parent not found: <200201281013.LAA04729@bulgaria.otn.eurocopter.de>]
* Ada implementation of Mersenne Twister (MT19937)
@ 2002-01-28  8:43 Adrian Hoe
From: Adrian Hoe @ 2002-01-28  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I could not find an Ada implementation of MT19937 pseudo random number
generator by searching CLA. So, I decided to port Makoto Matsumoto and
Takuji Nishimura's work to Ada.

Thought someone might be interested to use MT19937. You can download
the source from my web site at http://greenlime.com/users/adrian.hoe

                              -- Adrian Hoe
                              -- http://greenlime.com/users/adrian.hoe