From: John English <je@brighton.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: gnat compiler -  help wanted
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:46:18 +0000
Date: 2002-01-28T13:45:13+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert A Duff wrote:

> tonygair@btinternet.com (Tony) writes:
>
> > I am currently having problems making a server process which deals
> > with the compilation of ada code from text delivered over a socket.
>
> I'm curious: why do you want to do that?

Probably automated assessment; we do exactly the same thing, compiling
student submissions and then running them in a sandbox and comparing
the output with a model solution. We just use gnatchop/gnatmake to
do the compilation. The only tricky bit is the sandbox...

 Senior Lecturer           | http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je
 Dept. of Computing        | ** NON-PROFIT CD FOR CS STUDENTS **
 University of Brighton    |    -- see http://burks.bton.ac.uk