* AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
@ 2002-01-24 17:44 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2002-01-24 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)

AdaGIDE (the Ada GNAT Integrated Development Environment) is
an interface to the GNAT compiler featuring a color
context-sensitive editor and code reformatter.
It runs on Windows 95,98,... and Windows NT,... series.

Main improvements in AdaGIDE 6.43.1 compared to version 6.26
which comes with GNAT 3.13p:

    Spell-checker
    Automatic suggestion of filename on save
    Support for multiple debuggers
    Drag-and-drop for files
    Updated options dialog

Note that AdaGIDE is again compatible with Windows 95.
AdaGIDE is available at the following web site:

  http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/adagide.html

Enjoy!

Martin (1) & Gautier (2)
______
1) http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/carlisle.html
2) http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/gdm/index.htm#Ada

NB: the e-mail address is just for posting, don't use it.

* Re: AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
@ 2002-01-24 19:26 Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2002-01-24 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>> gautier_niouzes@hotmail.com 01/24/02 09:44AM >>>
AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)

Great job Martin and Gautier!

I use AdaGIDE every day for quick programming even though I am not a
fan of Micro$oft Windows. In addition, I can check the LRM just by a
couple of clicks from AdaGIDE.

One thing I would like to improve is to extend the capability of Window
drop down menu. Currently, it is limited to only 9 files which can be
opened. The tenth file, eleventh file and on, could not be selected for
display using Window drop down menu. These files could only be selected
through More Windows... option. When More Window... option is selected,
a Select Window is displayed. I would to extend the Window drop down
menu limit to 50. I have been looking at the AdaGIDE source codes. So
far, I have not been able to locate the responsible codes.

Instead of spending much more time to locate the responsible codes, you
guys could show me which package (possible line numbers) in short order.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Anh Vo

* Re: AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
@ 2002-01-24 21:57 ` Larry Hazel
From: Larry Hazel @ 2002-01-24 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gautier Write-only-address wrote:

> AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)

Help! Help!

I downloaded and started the installation.  Then I decided I needed to uninstall
the old version first.  So I cancelled and did that.  Now 6.43.1 will not
install.

Larry

* Re: AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
@ 2002-01-24 22:19   ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2002-01-24 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Larry Hazel" <lhhazel@otelco.net> wrote in message
> Gautier Write-only-address wrote:
> >
> > AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
> >
> Help! Help!
>
> I downloaded and started the installation.  Then I decided I needed to
uninstall
> the old version first.  So I cancelled and did that.  Now 6.43.1 will not
> install.

Did you try reinstalling the old version?  Failing that, there maybe some
temp files blocking you, or some left over msi installer reg keys.  Try
deleting the relevant AdaGIDE reg. keys and try again (be careful).  If that
fails, freak out.

HTH,
Chris

p.s. I installed it over the old version and it works fine.

* Re: AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
@ 2002-01-25  0:08     ` Larry Hazel
From: Larry Hazel @ 2002-01-25  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

"chris.danx" wrote:

> "Larry Hazel" <lhhazel@otelco.net> wrote in message
> > Gautier Write-only-address wrote:
> > >
> > > AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
> > >
> > Help! Help!
> >
> > I downloaded and started the installation.  Then I decided I needed to
> uninstall
> > the old version first.  So I cancelled and did that.  Now 6.43.1 will not
> > install.
>
> Did you try reinstalling the old version?  Failing that, there maybe some
> temp files blocking you, or some left over msi installer reg keys.  Try
> deleting the relevant AdaGIDE reg. keys and try again (be careful).  If that
> fails, freak out.
>
> HTH,
> Chris
>
> p.s. I installed it over the old version and it works fine.

OK, AdaGIDE registry keys deleted (EasyCleaner took care of that).  Neither 6.36
nor 6.43.1 will install.  Maybe I need to uninstall GNAT and start over.

Or, maybe it's time to freak out!!

Larry

* Re: AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
@ 2002-01-25  0:44       ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2002-01-25  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

> "chris.danx" wrote:
> >
> > "Larry Hazel" <lhhazel@otelco.net> wrote in message

> > > Help! Help!
> > >
> > > I downloaded and started the installation.  Then I decided I needed to
> > uninstall
> > > the old version first.  So I cancelled and did that.  Now 6.43.1 will
not
> > > install.
> >
> > Did you try reinstalling the old version?  Failing that, there maybe
some
> > temp files blocking you, or some left over msi installer reg keys.  Try
> > deleting the relevant AdaGIDE reg. keys and try again (be careful).  If
that
> > fails, freak out.
> >
> > HTH,
> > Chris
> >
> > p.s. I installed it over the old version and it works fine.
>
> OK, AdaGIDE registry keys deleted (EasyCleaner took care of that).

Is there an entry for Adagide in the add/remove programs dialogue?  What
windows version are you running?

> Neither 6.36
> nor 6.43.1 will install.  Maybe I need to uninstall GNAT and start over.
>
> Or, maybe it's time to freak out!!

I hope it's a simple-ish fix, if not the only option might be format c: /y

Bye,
Chris

p.s. What is EasyCleaner?  Some kind of registry tool?

* Re: AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
@ 2002-01-25  2:44         ` Larry Hazel
From: Larry Hazel @ 2002-01-25  2:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

"chris.danx" wrote:

> Is there an entry for Adagide in the add/remove programs dialogue?  What
> windows version are you running?

No entry for AdaGIDE.  I'm running Windows 98SE

> I hope it's a simple-ish fix, if not the only option might be format c: /y

Not going to format, takes too long to get everything back.  Probably will do a
reinstall of GNAT.

> p.s. What is EasyCleaner?  Some kind of registry tool?

Handy little free program that will delete unused entries from your registry
under your control.   Plus some other utility functions.  Check it out at:

http://toniarts.com/ecleane.htm

Larry

* Re: AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
@ 2002-01-25 14:40       ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-01-25 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Larry Hazel <lhhazel@otelco.net> writes:

> OK, AdaGIDE registry keys deleted (EasyCleaner took care of that).
> Neither 6.36 nor 6.43.1 will install.

Exactly what is the error message?

--
-- Stephe

* Re: AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
@ 2002-01-25 16:15         ` Larry Hazel
From: Larry Hazel @ 2002-01-25 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Leake wrote:

> Larry Hazel <lhhazel@otelco.net> writes:
>
> > OK, AdaGIDE registry keys deleted (EasyCleaner took care of that).
> > Neither 6.36 nor 6.43.1 will install.
>
> Exactly what is the error message?
>
> --
> -- Stephe

It briefly (a second or less) flashes the "extracting files" dialog with the
progress bar.  Then it quits and the icons on my desktop blink.  No error
message is displayed.

Larry

* Re: AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
@ 2002-01-25 17:12 Gautier Write-only-address
From: Gautier Write-only-address @ 2002-01-25 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

>From: Larry Hazel:
>It briefly (a second or less) flashes the "extracting files" dialog
>with the progress bar.  Then it quits and the icons on my desktop >blink.
>No error message is displayed.

It could be that Install Shield is disturbed by some of the
temporary files it left on a previous attempt, on
%temp%\_istmp0.dir (search for "_istmp").

HTH

* Re: AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
@ 2002-01-25 18:10   ` Larry Hazel
From: Larry Hazel @ 2002-01-25 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Larry Hazel wrote:

> Gautier Write-only-address wrote:
> >
> > AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
> >
> Help! Help!
>
> I downloaded and started the installation.  Then I decided I needed to uninstall
> the old version first.  So I cancelled and did that.  Now 6.43.1 will not
> install.
>
> Larry

Problem solved after a reboot.  While my computer was shutting down, I got the
message "AdaGIDE has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down".
After it came back up, AdaGIDE installation went smoothly.  Should have rebooted
at the first sign of a problem.

Larry

* Re: AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
       [not found] <F43ltcNdbUu2o8q3p9P0001ba1d@hotmail.com>
@ 2002-01-25 22:01 ` Michal Nowak
From: Michal Nowak @ 2002-01-25 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02-01-24 at 17:44 Gautier Write-only-address wrote:

>AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
[snip overview]

>Enjoy!

Thank you for support and AdaGIDE maintenamce! I works nice and
is installed in my institute, to ease working with GNAT.
Can I sugest something to wish list for the future? Maybe it
should be possible to allow user to set his own colors. For
example I prefer using black background (this implies, that
code is not in black) because it does not make so much strain
to my eyes. Right now I use ConTEXT editor, where there is
a possibility to define own color schemas. I looked into sources
and saw that there are defined fixed colors for reserved words,
numbers, etc. I may change them, recompile and have what I want,
but maybe it will be nice to give such possibility to user?

Regards,
Mike
                             ____|
                             \%/ |~~\
  O                                  |
 o>>        Mike Nowak               |
 T                                   |
/ >       vinnie@inetia.pl           |
http://www.geocities.com/vinnie14pl _|__

* Re: AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
@ 2002-01-25 23:20   ` Jim Rogers
       [not found]   ` <3C51E838.50908@worldnet.att.net>
From: Jim Rogers @ 2002-01-25 23:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michal Nowak,

Another free editor that works well with GNAT is
JGrasp. JGrasp is available for download from
www.eng.auburn.edu/grasp

This tool works with Ada, C, C++, Java, Objective C and VHDL.
JGrasp allows you to customize all your colors. It also
can produce a control structure diagram of your code.

I find both JGrasp and AdaGIDE useful. AdaGIDE is nice for
small applications. JGrasp is nice for larger applications.

Jim Rogers
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA

@ 2002-01-28  3:10   ` Robert Dewar
       [not found]   ` <3C51E838.50908@worldnet.att.net>
From: Robert Dewar @ 2002-01-28  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michal Nowak <vinnie@inetia.pl> wrote in message news:<mailman.1011996062.7253.comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>...
> On 02-01-24 at 17:44 Gautier Write-only-address wrote:
>
> >AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
> Can I sugest something to wish list for the future?

You might find it more productive to send suggestions
for enhancement directly to the author of AdaGIDE (see
the documentation), rather than sending general statements
to CLA.

* Re: AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
@ 2002-01-28 11:41 ` Alfred Hilscher
From: Alfred Hilscher @ 2002-01-28 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gautier Write-only-address wrote:

> AdaGIDE 6.43.1 release (Ada GUI IDE for Windows 95/98/NT/...)
>
> AdaGIDE is available at the following web site:
>
>   http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/adagide.html

Hi,

I've downloaded the sources and tried to compile them myself, but
something is missing (GNATWIN.xxx GNAT.Directory). Can you tell me what
else I need for successful compilation and where I can get it from?

@ 2002-01-29  8:43     ` Michal Nowak
From: Michal Nowak @ 2002-01-29  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02-01-25 at 16:20 Jim Rogers wrote:

>Michal Nowak,
>
>Another free editor that works well with GNAT is
>JGrasp. JGrasp is available for download from
>www.eng.auburn.edu/grasp
>
>This tool works with Ada, C, C++, Java, Objective C and VHDL.
>JGrasp allows you to customize all your colors. It also
>can produce a control structure diagram of your code.

Yes, I was aware about PCGRASP and jGRASP. I was using PCGRASP
for some time and was rather satisfied from it. It is a pity,
that further development of PCGRASP was abandoned and switched
to jGRASP. jGRASP has this features what I was looking for,
except that ... it is writen in Java. I don't mean that Java
is not Ada, but it runs "a bit" slowly on my machine. Besides
JVMs has tendencies to crash in my hands ;-) Maybe if I get
more powerful machine one day...

Mike
                             ____|
                             \%/ |~~\