From: John English <je@brighton.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: beginner in GNAT for Windows
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:40:05 +0000
Date: 2002-01-23T12:39:04+00:00	[thread overview]

ivan markose wrote:

> Having read the replies to my query yesterday(21 jan 00), I uninstalled Gnat
> from my D drive and set it up in the C drive, where it nows lives in C:\Gnat
> .
> I also changed the ADA_INCLUDE_PATH variable to c:\Gnat;c:\Gnat\bin,
> through the environment editor on my NT machine. The registry entries all
> have C as the root directory now.

Yes, but have you set your PATH (not your ADA_INCLUDE_PATH or your
ADA_LIBRARY_PATH) to include c:\gnat\bin? You are unlikely to want
to look for package specs in c:\gnat\bin, so I cannot see why you
want to include it in ADA_INCLUDE_PATH; you want it in PATH, which
specifies where to look for *executable programs*.

 Senior Lecturer           | http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je
 Dept. of Computing        | ** NON-PROFIT CD FOR CS STUDENTS **
 University of Brighton    |    -- see http://burks.bton.ac.uk