* meaning of: duplicate body for "_Clean" declared at line 1
@ 2002-01-11 13:08 Alfred Hilscher
From: Alfred Hilscher @ 2002-01-11 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have a package spec and body. When I compile the spec everythin is OK,
but when I compile the _body_ then I get an errormessage for the _spec_
: "duplicate body for "_Clean" declared at line 1". I have nothing named
"_Clean" so what does this message mean?

I work with GNAT 3.13 and Windows NT 4.0.

* Re: meaning of: duplicate body for "_Clean" declared at line 1
@ 2002-01-11 17:16 ` Michal Nowak
From: Michal Nowak @ 2002-01-11 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02-01-11 at 14:08 Alfred Hilscher wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a package spec and body. When I compile the spec everythin is OK,
>but when I compile the _body_ then I get an errormessage for the _spec_
>: "duplicate body for "_Clean" declared at line 1". I have nothing named
>"_Clean" so what does this message mean?
>
>I work with GNAT 3.13 and Windows NT 4.0.

Nothing comes to my mind, but maybe I have not enough experience
with GNAT. If it does not mind for you, can you send me the spec
and body? I try to run in through 3.13p under Win 98 and see what
comes out.

Mike
                             ____|
                             \%/ |~~\
  O                                  |
 o>>        Mike Nowak               |
 T                                   |
/ >       vinnie@inetia.pl           |
http://www.geocities.com/vinnie14pl _|__

* Re: meaning of: duplicate body for "_Clean" declared at line 1
@ 2002-01-11 17:23 ` Stephen Leake
From: Stephen Leake @ 2002-01-11 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alfred Hilscher <Alfred.Hilscher@icn.siemens.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have a package spec and body. When I compile the spec everythin is OK,
> but when I compile the _body_ then I get an errormessage for the _spec_
> : "duplicate body for "_Clean" declared at line 1". I have nothing named
> "_Clean" so what does this message mean?
>
> I work with GNAT 3.13 and Windows NT 4.0.

You'll have to post the code snippet; this error message doesn't make
much sense. For one thing, leading underscores are illegal in Ada!

Just FYI, with GNAT, if the package has a body, there is never a need
to explicitly compile the spec. Just compile the body.

--
-- Stephe

* Re: meaning of: duplicate body for "_Clean" declared at line 1
@ 2002-01-14 13:13   ` Alfred Hilscher
From: Alfred Hilscher @ 2002-01-14 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michal Nowak wrote:

> On 02-01-11 at 14:08 Alfred Hilscher wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a package spec and body. When I compile the spec everythin is OK,
> >but when I compile the _body_ then I get an errormessage for the _spec_
> >: "duplicate body for "_Clean" declared at line 1". I have nothing named
> >"_Clean" so what does this message mean?
> >
> >I work with GNAT 3.13 and Windows NT 4.0.
>
> Nothing comes to my mind, but maybe I have not enough experience
> with GNAT. If it does not mind for you, can you send me the spec
> and body? I try to run in through 3.13p under Win 98 and see what
> comes out.
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

thanks for your offer, but I got it now. Due to "cut and paste"  the
package body contained twice the same task specification. This seemed to
be the reason (although the message is not very clear).

* Re: meaning of: duplicate body for "_Clean" declared at line 1
@ 2002-01-14 13:16   ` Alfred Hilscher
From: Alfred Hilscher @ 2002-01-14 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Leake wrote:

> Just FYI, with GNAT, if the package has a body, there is never a need
> to explicitly compile the spec. Just compile the body.

Not really, sure. But I prefer to find errors in the spec at a very
early time, not only when I work already on the implementation details.