From: James Rogers <jimmaureenrogers@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: compiler bug or me being stupid? (ok, probably the later :)
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 15:54:22 GMT
Date: 2001-12-26T15:54:22+00:00	[thread overview]

Without a look at your actual code I can only guess.

My first guess is that your finalize and adjust procedures may need some
inspection. Some of your errors indicate a possible attempt to
deallocate from a null access value. Make sure your finalize procedure
checks for a null access value and does not call your deallocation
routine if the access element is null.

Your problem with the differences between the procedure call and the
function call are not entirely a surprise. Again, look at the adjust
procedure for your Smart_Pointer type. A function return value
requires copy semantics to work properly. A procedure IN OUT
parameter can do its work by reference.

Jim Rogers
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA