From: Richard Riehle <richard@adaworks.com>
Subject: Re: JGNAT users
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 09:06:37 -0800
Date: 2001-12-07T17:07:53+00:00	[thread overview]

Torben Hoffmann wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I was wondering if anyone is actually using JGNAT and, if so, if they have
> made a web-page or some other documentation of their deeds.
>
> I am contemplating using JGNAT instead of Java since I am less than
> satisfied with the software engineering level in Java compared to Ada -
> especially maintainability and the ability to return to some code after a
> while and actually "get into to" fast are important issues for me.

One of our graduate students at Naval Postgraduate School, a Major
in the U.S. Marine Corps,  used JGNAT as part of  his Master's Degree thesis
to create a GUI interface to a Computer Aided Prototyping System (CAPS).
There was one problem with the tasking model in the current JGNAT
which ACT promise to fix someday.   We did a workaround on that.

The GUI runs quite well over the JVM.

Since that student graduated, one of our other professors is  using
this GUI in his class on real-time systems.   Eventually, another graduate
student will take over the system and enhance it as part of a thesis for
his/her master's degree in computer science.

Richard Riehle