* ASIS and record
@ 2001-11-22 21:56 Philippe JUGLA
From: Philippe JUGLA @ 2001-11-22 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
Does anybody know how to get the size of a "type" through ASIS ?
thanks!
Philippe

[-- Attachment #2: Carte pour Philippe JUGLA --]

begin:vcard
n:JUGLA;Philippe
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
adr:;;;;;;
version:2.1
email;internet:jugla@club-internet.fr
fn:Philippe JUGLA
end:vcard

* Re: ASIS and record
@ 2001-11-23 17:15 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2001-11-23 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Philippe JUGLA wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anybody know how to get the size of a "type" through ASIS ?
> thanks!
> Philippe

Look at the ASIS.Data_Decomposition annex, specifically the
ASIS.Data_Decomposition.Size function having the ASIS.Type_Definition
parameter.

This works fine for me with ASIS-for-GNAT.

As an aside, there is an ASIS mailing list, see
http://www.acm.org/sigada/WG/asiswg/ for ASIS resources and information
on how to subscribe.

Marc A. Criley
Senior Staff Engineer
Quadrus Corporation
www.quadruscorp.com

* Re: ASIS and record
@ 2001-11-26 20:19   ` Philippe JUGLA
From: Philippe JUGLA @ 2001-11-26 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks ! :-)
It works fine even on complex type but ...
It seems to be stuck on variant record type ...
It works only on static type ... :-(

I'm wondering whether to bypass the protect in Asis (gnat) implementation
or not, to retreive the max ...

Philippe

"Marc A. Criley" a �crit :

@ 2001-11-27 13:00     ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2001-11-27 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I believe that about a year ago I ran into an apparent bug with ASIS for
GNAT wherein certain types were being rejected as non-static that were
in fact static.  You may just need to work around this, or better, post
a question to the ASIS-for-GNAT for mailing list.

Marc

Philippe JUGLA wrote:

> Thanks ! :-)
> It works fine even on complex type but ...
> It seems to be stuck on variant record type ...
> It works only on static type ... :-(
>
> I'm wondering whether to bypass the protect in Asis (gnat) implementation
> or not, to retreive the max ...
>
> Philippe
>
> "Marc A. Criley" a �crit :
>
> > Philippe JUGLA wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > > Does anybody know how to get the size of a "type" through ASIS ?
> > > thanks!
> > > Philippe
> >
> > Look at the ASIS.Data_Decomposition annex, specifically the
> > ASIS.Data_Decomposition.Size function having the ASIS.Type_Definition
> > parameter.
> >
> > This works fine for me with ASIS-for-GNAT.
> >
> > As an aside, there is an ASIS mailing list, see
> > http://www.acm.org/sigada/WG/asiswg/ for ASIS resources and information
> > on how to subscribe.
> >
> > Marc A. Criley
> > Senior Staff Engineer