From: "Marc A. Criley" <mcqada@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Newbie wanna Ada
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 12:57:03 GMT
Date: 2001-10-26T12:57:03+00:00	[thread overview]

Tony Gair wrote:

> I would be very interested to hear of anyones success in connecting ada
> sockets to programs such as Java. Anyone done this, please talk to me

I have been quite successful in having sockets in a native Ada program
connect to the socket implementation provided by the Java library.  The
native Ada application was the server, while the client was written in
Ada and compiled with JGNAT to produce Java Byte Code.  The client
implementation uses a number of Java library services, including sockets
and the GUI.

The socket package used by the client was based on AdaSockets with a
reimplemented package body.

Also, the project I was working on a couple years ago was developing a
Java client to connect to the Ada server, and the developer there was
doing everything directly in Java.

Marc A. Criley
Senior Staff Engineer
Quadrus Corporation