* ANNOUNCE: High Integrity Ada: The SPARK Approach availability
@ 2001-10-19 12:52 Rod Chapman
From: Rod Chapman @ 2001-10-19 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

It has come to our attention that many people are experiencing
significant difficulty, especially in the USA, in obtaining
the "SPARK Book" by John Barnes.

The book is definitely in print, and is available (we have about 40
copies here in the office for courses...), despite what is said
by the various on-line booksellers and their databases.

If you're having trouble obtaining a copy, please contact us directly
at sparkinfo@praxis-cs.co.uk and we will seek to rectify the
situation.  Knowing how many people are in this situation will
be useful for us to pass on to our publisher.

Yours,
 Rod Chapman
 SPARK Team
 Praxis Critical Systems

* Re: ANNOUNCE: High Integrity Ada: The SPARK Approach availability
@ 2001-10-20  5:50 ` Tarjei Tj�stheim Jensen
From: Tarjei Tj�stheim Jensen @ 2001-10-20  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rod Chapman wrote:

> It has come to our attention that many people are experiencing
> significant difficulty, especially in the USA, in obtaining
> the "SPARK Book" by John Barnes.
>
> The book is definitely in print, and is available (we have about 40
> copies here in the office for courses...), despite what is said
> by the various on-line booksellers and their databases.

If one has problems it might help to find the web page and/or a
statement from the author/publisher about the availability of the book.
The publisher should be very interested in correcting the booksellers.

I did this when I had to quarrel with amazon UK about the availability
of "Unix Network Programming 2nd ed" by W. Richard Stevens. Since mr
Stevens was alive at the time, I could contact him and he worked on the
problem from his end. In the end I got free delivery of the book by
courier.

Greetings,