* generation of bindings
@ 2001-10-18  7:07 Alfred Hilscher
From: Alfred Hilscher @ 2001-10-18  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have a DLL (on WinNT) where I want write (Ada-) bindings for. I wrote
a package spec like:

package XY_Binding is
  procedure AB;

  pragma Import (Stdcall, AB, "AB");
end XY_Binding;

Now an application using this compiles, but during linking it reports
error "missing AB". I've seen that for the Windows binding for example,
there are "*.a" files for GNAT and "*.lib" files for Aonix. Can someone
give me a hint, how to create such a file for my binding ?

* Re: generation of bindings
@ 2001-10-18  9:44 ` Peter Hend�n
From: Peter Hend�n @ 2001-10-18  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Alfred Hilscher" wrote:
> I have a DLL (on WinNT) where I want write (Ada-) bindings for. I wrote
> a package spec like:
>
> package XY_Binding is
>   procedure AB;
>
>   pragma Import (Stdcall, AB, "AB");
> end XY_Binding;
You'll find most of this covered in the GNAT user's guide in the
section "Using DLLs with GNAT". If your .dll has no import library
(a .lib or .a file), you'll need to create one. For this you can use the
dll2def and the gnatdll utilities also described in the user's guide.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Peter H.
--