* JGNAT and Tasking/Protected Types Problem
@ 2001-10-15 20:30 Aaron Lerch
From: Aaron Lerch @ 2001-10-15 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm running across a very baffling run-time problem that hopefully
someone can help me with!
I'm using the JGNAT compiler, and when the code instantiates a new
protected type, the ada libraries that come with JGNAT raise an
assertion exception out of the "defer_abort" function.
It looks to me like it's initializing the new protected type and when
it gets to the "defer_abort" function the following is false:
Self_ID.Deferral_Level = 0

Has anybody had a problem like this (or this exact one) in the past
and can help me get past it? The code does create protected types
before, so I'm a little confused. Also, the protected type has 3
inputs when it is created, but even if I moved them out of there and
put them into a "method", it still has the same error.

Any help would be great!!! Thanks!

Aaron Lerch

* Re: JGNAT and Tasking/Protected Types Problem
@ 2001-10-16 11:58 ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2001-10-16 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aaron Lerch wrote:

> I'm running across a very baffling run-time problem that hopefully
> someone can help me with!
> I'm using the JGNAT compiler, and when the code instantiates a new
> protected type, the ada libraries that come with JGNAT raise an
> assertion exception out of the "defer_abort" function.
> It looks to me like it's initializing the new protected type and when
> it gets to the "defer_abort" function the following is false:
> Self_ID.Deferral_Level = 0
>
> Has anybody had a problem like this (or this exact one) in the past
> and can help me get past it? The code does create protected types
> before, so I'm a little confused. Also, the protected type has 3
> inputs when it is created, but even if I moved them out of there and
> put them into a "method", it still has the same error.

What platform and JDK version are you running?

The tasking run-time of JGNAT 1.1p running on Linux does not work with
JDK 1.3, I had to go back to 1.2.2 to get it to work.  I know this isn't
exactly what you're doing, but it might be related...

Marc A. Criley
Senior Staff Engineer
Quadrus Corporation
www.quadruscorp.com

* Re: JGNAT and Tasking/Protected Types Problem
@ 2001-10-17 14:47   ` Aaron Lerch
From: Aaron Lerch @ 2001-10-17 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm running Win NT and JDK 1.2.2 (I read your other post about
tasking, which saved us from the multi-tasking problem, thanks!).

We've figured out that the problem is being caused when the protected
object initializes its entries.  If we comment out all the entries
(just for fun) then it doesn't have a problem. BUT, we need the
entries (duh). Any thoughts??

Aaron

@ 2001-10-17 20:12     ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2001-10-17 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aaron Lerch wrote:

> I'm running Win NT and JDK 1.2.2 (I read your other post about
> tasking, which saved us from the multi-tasking problem, thanks!).
>
> We've figured out that the problem is being caused when the protected
> object initializes its entries.  If we comment out all the entries
> (just for fun) then it doesn't have a problem. BUT, we need the
> entries (duh). Any thoughts??

'fraid not.  My stuff has tasks, but no protected objects.  Of course
you could replace the protected objects with tasks, but that of course
kinda defeats the purpose of having protected objects.  Sorry...

Marc