From: "Marc A. Criley" <mcqada@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: JGNAT and Tasking/Protected Types Problem
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:58:44 GMT
Date: 2001-10-16T11:58:44+00:00	[thread overview]

Aaron Lerch wrote:

> I'm running across a very baffling run-time problem that hopefully
> someone can help me with!
> I'm using the JGNAT compiler, and when the code instantiates a new
> protected type, the ada libraries that come with JGNAT raise an
> assertion exception out of the "defer_abort" function.
> It looks to me like it's initializing the new protected type and when
> it gets to the "defer_abort" function the following is false:
> Self_ID.Deferral_Level = 0
>
> Has anybody had a problem like this (or this exact one) in the past
> and can help me get past it? The code does create protected types
> before, so I'm a little confused. Also, the protected type has 3
> inputs when it is created, but even if I moved them out of there and
> put them into a "method", it still has the same error.

What platform and JDK version are you running?

The tasking run-time of JGNAT 1.1p running on Linux does not work with
JDK 1.3, I had to go back to 1.2.2 to get it to work.  I know this isn't
exactly what you're doing, but it might be related...

Marc A. Criley
Senior Staff Engineer
Quadrus Corporation
www.quadruscorp.com