From: Darren New <dnew@san.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Novice Ada Programmer Stumped By Simple Type Declaration!
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2001 21:33:23 GMT
Date: 2001-10-04T21:33:23+00:00	[thread overview]

Ted Dennison wrote:

> In article <3BBCB63C.96E484EA@san.rr.com>, Darren New says...
> >It seems no matter what "with" and "use" clauses I use, it can't resolve
> >the Append to be the appropriate one. GNAT gives all kinds of errors,
> >none of which make much sense.
>
> A good first step in any such problem is to get rid of all use clauses and try
> to resolve things with full named notation. (I'd also claim that's a good first
> step in *any* situation, but it really is true here :-)  ).

Did that. Couldn't figure it out.

> It looks like you should be calling URI_Pkg.URI_List_Pkg.Append.

Oh! Duh! It's not URI_Pkg.Append. It's URI_Pkg.URI_List_Pkg.Append.

Adding "use URI_Pkg.URI_List_Pkg" fixes it.

(Incidentally, this is for the unit-test code for a
first-one-to-throw-away project, while I'm learning Ada, so the over-use
of "use" isn't as bad as it might be.)

Thanks! I can't believe I spent two days trying to figure that one out.
:-)

--
Darren New
                   Who is this Dr. Ibid anyway,