From: Darren New <dnew@san.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Array of exception
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 16:25:20 GMT
Date: 2001-10-03T16:25:20+00:00	[thread overview]

tmoran@acm.org wrote:

> >     when -1 => raise EXXX;
> >     when -2 => raise EYYY;
> >Using Exception_Id and Raise_Expression require me to rewrite the whole CASE
> >into an explicit array so I do not shorten the source code anyway. Only the
>   Clarify please.  It appears that somewhere you need to establish the
> relation between, eg, -2 and EYYY.  Is

Coming from an interpreted-language background, the first thing that
jumped to my mind was to name everything like

  EXXX_1 : exception;
  EYYY_2 : exception;
  EZZZ_3 : exception;

Then get the names of the exceptions, parse for the final underline,
convert to an integer, and away you go.

That's probably not very Ada tho. ;-)

--
Darren New