From: "Tarjei Tj�stheim Jensen" <tarjei@online.no>
Subject: Re: Ada telnet protocol engine
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 22:38:40 +0100
Date: 2001-10-02T22:38:40+01:00	[thread overview]

minyard@acm.org wrote:
> I didn't see this, but it looks pretty cool.  I'm not sure this is
> really the same as my command processor, mine is more like a command
> processor you can link into your program and build debug/control
> commands into your program.  It looks like BUSH is a full-fledged
> shell.  But if it can replace my simplistic thing, that would be
> great.

If you have a command interpreter which can load and use shared
libraries (DLLs in windowspeak) then you may not need to embed the
interpreter. And you avoid having to recompile the interpreter every
time you need to add a facility.

This seems to work very well with OS/2 Rexx. In my opinion the language
itself is crap, but the dynamic library handling is well worth stealing.

Greetings,