* CORBA vs. Distributed Systems Annex?
@ 2001-09-03 17:36 Brian Catlin
From: Brian Catlin @ 2001-09-03 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a brief description of the differences between CORBA and DSA?  I don't
know much about either, and I'm looking for a starting point in deciding which
to use

 -Brian

* Re: CORBA vs. Distributed Systems Annex?
@ 2001-09-03 17:45 ` Jean-Pierre Rosen
From: Jean-Pierre Rosen @ 2001-09-03 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Brian Catlin" <briancatlin@mindspring.com> a �crit dans le message news: 9n0f6k$7rs$1@slb4.atl.mindspring.net...
> Is there a brief description of the differences between CORBA and DSA?  I don't
> know much about either, and I'm looking for a starting point in deciding which
> to use

In a nutshell:
DSA is for one (Ada) program, whose execution is distributed over several machines (aka partitions).
CORBA is for several, possibly heterogenous, programs communicating together.

           J-P. Rosen (rosen@adalog.fr)

* Re: CORBA vs. Distributed Systems Annex?
@ 2001-09-03 17:45 ` Samuel Tardieu
From: Samuel Tardieu @ 2001-09-03 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: comp.lang.ada

On  3/09, Brian Catlin wrote:

| Is there a brief description of the differences between CORBA and DSA?
| I don't know much about either, and I'm looking for a starting point in
| deciding which to use

You can get an article called "CORBA & DSA: divorce or marriage?" from
Laurent Pautet, Thomas Quinot and myself published in Ada Europe '99 on

   http://www.rfc1149.net/biblio

 Sam

* Re: CORBA vs. Distributed Systems Annex?
@ 2001-09-04 13:59 ` Thierry Lelegard
From: Thierry Lelegard @ 2001-09-04 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Is there a brief description of the differences between CORBA and DSA?  I don't
> know much about either, and I'm looking for a starting point in deciding which
> to use

At the SIGAda'99 conference, there were a number of sessions on the
subject. See http://www.acm.org/sigada/conf/sigada99/Sessions.html

-Thierry

Thierry Lelegard, "The Jazzing Troll", Email: thierry.lelegard@canal-plus.fr
CANAL+ Technologies, 34 place Raoul Dautry, 75906 Paris Cedex 15, France
Tel: +33 1 71 71 54 30   Fax: +33 1 71 71 52 08   Mobile: +33 6 03 00 65 75