* Re: What is this bug.
       [not found]                   ` <GIwDGL.4Dt@news.boeing.com>
@ 2001-08-30 23:38                     ` Jeffrey Carter
From: Jeffrey Carter @ 2001-08-30 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dale Pennington wrote:

> If you look at my comments following his test, the point was he got no
> errors on his platform, while my code, which was identical, got errors. This
> implies to me that my home port of GNAT 3.13 to AIX5 has some sort of error.
> If someone could have told me why that was a legitamite Ada error, then the
> problem could have been attributed elsewhere.

The missing datum was that you got the same error message from Hoos'
code. In that case it must be a compiler error, as you have concluded.

You can get the message by having 2 packages named Bit_IO, such as
X.Bit_IO and X.Y.Bit_IO so that the "wrong" one is directly visible, but
that is not the case with Hoos' code.

--
Jeffrey Carter

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-08-30 23:38 UTC | newest]