From: "Samuel T. Harris" <u61783@gsde.hou.us.ray.com>
Subject: Re: Ada for the JVM - publicity
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 13:13:50 -0500
Date: 2001-08-29T13:13:50-05:00	[thread overview]

Ehud Lamm wrote:

> An analysis of various language tools targetting hte JVM
> (http://www.objectwatch.com/issue_33.htm), resulted in a list of only eight
> "Possibly Commercial Languages (non-Java) ." of these eight, two  (25%) are
> Ada compilers. Alas, the the article goes on to say:
>
> <quote>
> * AppletMagic, a compiler of Ada 95. I was unable to get any information on
> this product.

A simple search via goto.com yields many references, the first
of which takes me directly to the appropriate one. I guess the
author had better things to do.

> *  JGNAT, another compiler of ADA 95 from Ada Core Technologies. I spoke to
> Nancy Cruz at Ada Core Technologies who told me this work was funded by the
> Defense Department. She promised me a list of customers using this product
> within 15 minutes, but, as of press time (five days later) has not followed
> through.
>  </quote>

Since the author could not take the time to an search for appletmagic,
it is not surprising that he would not take time to check-back with
references. Note that ACT was not the only source which "failed"
to respond before press time.

--
Samuel T. Harris, Senior Software Engineer II
Raytheon, Aerospace Engineering Services