From: Wes Groleau <wwgrol@sparc01.ftw.rsc.raytheon.com>
Subject: Re: Comment on Ada usage
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:46:01 -0500
Date: 2001-08-21T16:46:01-05:00	[thread overview]

> >In embedded systems: ADA [sic] is used less than Forth ?
> >http://www.embedded.com/story/OEG20010813S0073
>
> That was a reader survey. In the article he comes right out and says this isn't
> even close to scientific. He even points out some places where their numbers are

And upon looking around, I found another page where they had a survey
that put Ada on top.  They "pulled it" because "obviously there was
something wrong with our methods."  To ensure better results, they
assigned the job to Gaansle.  Who managed to get Ada on the bottom.
Looks like the picked the right guy for the job they wanted?

Not that I am claiming Ada is really on top, but I kind of doubt
it's on the bottom, either.  Just that the attitude that they
APPEAR to have guarantees bogus results.

--
Wes Groleau
http://freepages.rootsweb.com/~wgroleau