From: "Warren W. Gay VE3WWG" <ve3wwg@home.com>
Subject: Re: problems installing gnat 3.13p on Windows 2000?
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 15:10:25 GMT
Date: 2001-08-10T15:10:25+00:00	[thread overview]

Gautier wrote:
> > An install into C:\Program Files\gnat causes errors when gnatmake
> > runs, but an install into C:\gnu\gnat seems to allow successful
> > builds.
>
> This causes problems on NT sometimes too. A "regedit" on GNAT
> registration keys fixes it, by using short DOS names. The ' '
> disturbs gnatmake. The installation has been fixed in 3.14.

I have also found that shell scripts made to run on NT often "break"
on pathnames with blanks in them (GtkAda is where I encountered
this last). UNIX people don't always program defensively in shell
scripts for blanks in file names, usually because they were at
one time, a rare thing under UNIX (apart from Samba shares etc.),
and it's lazier programming ;-)
--
Warren W. Gay VE3WWG
http://members.home.net/ve3wwg