From: Lance <lance.earwood@yahoo.com>
Subject: ASIS-FOR-GNAT, anyone?
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 08:44:50 -0400
Date: 2001-08-08T12:43:43+00:00	[thread overview]

I've just been assigned a new project at work dealing with ASIS.  Not
knowing Ada to begin with has made this quite a challenge.  I was
wondering if someone could help with what seems like an easy thing to
do.

Say I wanted to count all of the assignment statements in a compilation
unit.  Assume also that I wanted to print out the name of each
subprogram or block in which the assignment statement resides.  I cannot
seem to find an ASIS function that would allow me to get to this
information.  I devised my own crude way of doing it but there must be a
simple solution that I am overlooking.

Thanks for your help in advance.

This is an example of what I am talking about:

procedure Red is
  A : Integer;

  procedure Blue is
    B: Integer;
    begin
      B := 2;
    end Blue;

  begin
    A := 1;
  end Red;

Now, let stmt1 be "B := 2" and stmt2 be "A := 1".  My function would
return:

Subprogram_Name ( stmt1 ) = "Blue"
Subprogram_Name ( stmt2 ) = "Red"