* GNAT compiling problems on ME
@ 2001-08-07  7:22 ?
From: ? @ 2001-08-07  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry everyone if this is not related to this newsgroup, but I'm
having trouble compiling ADA program using Gnat, other compiler is
fine.  The problem is that it keeps saying file /c******.s not found,
I think the problem is when gnat1.exe is call to compile the .ada
file, it doesn't read in the proper filename, does anyone have any
specific idea about this??

Thanks, I need Gnat to do my assignment at uni that's why I have to
use it.

* Re: GNAT compiling problems on ME
@ 2001-08-07  7:53 ` Gerald Kasner
From: Gerald Kasner @ 2001-08-07  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

? schrieb:

> Sorry everyone if this is not related to this newsgroup, but I'm
> having trouble compiling ADA program using Gnat, other compiler is
> fine.  The problem is that it keeps saying file /c******.s not found,
> I think the problem is when gnat1.exe is call to compile the .ada
> file, it doesn't read in the proper filename, does anyone have any
> specific idea about this??

Gnat requires the filename extension to be ".adb" for bodys and
".ads" for specs.

maybe this solves the problem

In addition, only one body per file is allowed (but nested bodies
in one file also). You can split a multi-body file using gnatchop.

-g

@ 2001-08-07 12:00   ` ?
From: ? @ 2001-08-07 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:53:07 +0200, Gerald Kasner
<Gerald.Kasner@Physik.Uni-Magdeburg.DE> wrote:

>? schrieb:
>>
>> Sorry everyone if this is not related to this newsgroup, but I'm
>> having trouble compiling ADA program using Gnat, other compiler is
>> fine.  The problem is that it keeps saying file /c******.s not found,
>> I think the problem is when gnat1.exe is call to compile the .ada
>> file, it doesn't read in the proper filename, does anyone have any
>> specific idea about this??
>>

>Gnat requires the filename extension to be ".adb" for bodys and
>".ads" for specs.
>
>maybe this solves the problem
>
>In addition, only one body per file is allowed (but nested bodies
>in one file also). You can split a multi-body file using gnatchop.
>
>-g

Thanks for replying, my mistake, I should meant the .adb file not
.ada, so I have no idea what's going on..

* Re: GNAT compiling problems on ME
@ 2001-08-07 13:57 ` Mark Johnson
From: Mark Johnson @ 2001-08-07 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

? wrote:

> Sorry everyone if this is not related to this newsgroup, but I'm
> having trouble compiling ADA program using Gnat, other compiler is
> fine.  The problem is that it keeps saying file /c******.s not found,
> I think the problem is when gnat1.exe is call to compile the .ada
> file, it doesn't read in the proper filename, does anyone have any
> specific idea about this??
>
> Thanks, I need Gnat to do my assignment at uni that's why I have to
> use it.

How about doing the following...
 - take the current source file(s) you have into an empty directory
 - gnatchop *   [to split the files if needed & convert to the gnat
naming conventions]
 - gnatmake -g <main program name goes here>
This should address any "file naming" problems you are having. I did
this kind of effort on a test suite which didn't match source file
layout and naming conventions and it works well.

If the spec's and bodies are in separate files, and you don't want to
use the GNAT naming convention, read in the online documents about the
configuration file (gnat.adc) and the Source_File_Name pragma.
  --Mark

* Re: GNAT compiling problems on ME
@ 2001-08-07 14:23     ` Marin David Condic
From: Marin David Condic @ 2001-08-07 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

You might try running your source file through gnatchop to make sure that
the file name(s) match what gnat expects. Do: "gnatchop -w somefile" (hint:
this may want to overwrite things you already have, so backup first!) That
should insure you have a properly named file & then try recompiling it.

MDC
--
Marin David Condic
Senior Software Engineer