From: Mark Johnson <mark_h_johnson@raytheon.com>
Subject: Re: GNAT compiling problems on ME
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 08:57:55 -0500
Date: 2001-08-07T08:57:55-05:00	[thread overview]

? wrote:

> Sorry everyone if this is not related to this newsgroup, but I'm
> having trouble compiling ADA program using Gnat, other compiler is
> fine.  The problem is that it keeps saying file /c******.s not found,
> I think the problem is when gnat1.exe is call to compile the .ada
> file, it doesn't read in the proper filename, does anyone have any
> specific idea about this??
>
> Thanks, I need Gnat to do my assignment at uni that's why I have to
> use it.

How about doing the following...
 - take the current source file(s) you have into an empty directory
 - gnatchop *   [to split the files if needed & convert to the gnat
naming conventions]
 - gnatmake -g <main program name goes here>
This should address any "file naming" problems you are having. I did
this kind of effort on a test suite which didn't match source file
layout and naming conventions and it works well.

If the spec's and bodies are in separate files, and you don't want to
use the GNAT naming convention, read in the online documents about the
configuration file (gnat.adc) and the Source_File_Name pragma.
  --Mark