* FileTypes
@ 2001-07-30 17:02 Matt Raikes
From: Matt Raikes @ 2001-07-30 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to associate a pixmap that already exists on the disk with
a certain record.  i don't want to open it or manipulate it at all, i
simply want to "tag it along" with the record for later use(writing it
to a database).  the book i have only tells me how to use
sequential_io.  any suggestions?  thanks in advance.

* Re: FileTypes
@ 2001-07-31  7:20 ` Jacob Sparre Andersen
From: Jacob Sparre Andersen @ 2001-07-31  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matt:

> I am trying to associate a pixmap that already exists on the disk with
> a certain record.  i don't want to open it or manipulate it at all, i
> simply want to "tag it along" with the record for later use(writing it
> to a database).  the book i have only tells me how to use
> sequential_io.  any suggestions?  thanks in advance.

Why not just dump it into an array of bytes then?

Jacob
--
"han skriver det aldrig s� ondt som det er ment"