From: Steve O'Neill <oneills@top.monad.net>
Subject: Emulation of MatLab functions?
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:28:33 -0400
Date: 2001-07-16T20:28:33-04:00	[thread overview]

I'm just wondering whether anyone has ever attempted an Ada
implementation which would emulate some of the powerful vector
manipulation routines provided by Matlab.  I need to take a matlab model
and implement it in Ada95 and it would certainly be nice to have some of
the tools that Matlab provides.

I'm particularly interested in the functions such as find(<vector>) and
sort(<vector>). Find allows one to apply a criteria against an entire
array of values and it returns another array which contains the values
that pass the test (or references to these).  Sort does as you would
expect - returns the array in sorted order.  Some very powerful
functionality!

Anyway, I've got some thoughts on how I might emulate these in Ada but I
thought that I would query the Ada crew to see if I could save myself
some time and effort.

Thanks,
Steve