From: "Marc A. Criley" <mcqada@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Gnat 3.13p and shared libraries on HP-UX
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 13:02:01 GMT
Date: 2001-07-06T13:02:01+00:00	[thread overview]

Pierre Favier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am currently porting a piece of Ada code from Linux to HP-UX.
> The build process creates shared libraries from the compiled Ada units
> and then a main program which links against these libraries.
>
> Under Linux with gnat 3.13p everything works fine.
>
> Under HP-UX, the program links but during execution it seems to enter
> an infinite loop somewhere when exceptions are raised (exceptions
> which are normally handled by an appropriate exception block).
>
> Am I missing some special compiler options on HP-UX (I am compiling
> with -O0 -g -gnatwu -gnatf) or is it something which is not working in
> the HP-UX version ov 3.13p?

I haven't done HP in a while, but isn't there supposed to be an -fPIC
option when compiling code that's going into shared libraries?  Check
the "Creating an Ada Library" section of the GNAT User Guide.  (I would,
though, drop the -O0 option since there's no benefit to doing that, and
-gnatf and -gnatwu have no effect on the generated code.)

Marc A. Criley
Senior Staff Engineer
Quadrus Corporation
www.quadruscorp.com