From: Gary Scott <scottg@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Help with translation: Fortran77 => Ada95
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 01:14:17 GMT
Date: 2001-07-06T01:14:17+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

Jeffrey Carter wrote:

> Gary Scott wrote:
> >
> > Interesting that it's almost exactly twice as long as the Fortran.
>
> Interesting that it compiles and the FORTRAN doesn't. Interesting that,
> if you leave off all the stuff needed to make it compile, and all the
> comments showing the original FORTRAN, and all the extra white space not
> found in the FORTRAN, it's certainly no longer than the FORTRAN.
>
> Try comparing kumquats to quinces next time.

Apparently, you took my comments as a personal attack.  I never make
personal attacks, I merely intended to note the difference in style and
a slight tendency to being verbose of the posted update as compared to
the original.  I realized that the original source was poorly designed,
was incomplete, and had several flat-out errors.  The original was not
poorly designed because of the language used, necessarily, and could be
dramatically improved using the same language or a newer variant.
Perhaps, this was not a point worth making in this particular news
group, but it is just a news group...

--

Gary Scott
mailto:scottg@flash.net