* URL for Ada Mircokernl?
@ 2001-07-05 19:49 chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2001-07-05 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Someone told me about ADX, an ada mircokernel, if you know the site url could
you please post it?

Thanks,
Chris

* Re: URL for Ada Mircokernl?
@ 2001-07-05 20:57 ` Gerhard Häring
From: Gerhard Häring @ 2001-07-05 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001 20:49:55 +0100, chris.danx <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Someone told me about ADX, an ada mircokernel, if you know the site url could
>you please post it?

Hi Chris!

I found it: http://site.voila.fr/ProjetADX/index.htm

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://highqualdev.com              public key at homepage

* Re: URL for Ada Mircokernl?
@ 2001-07-05 21:40 ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-07-05 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <sw317.5431$Jk6.1228849@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com>, chris.danx
says...
>Someone told me about ADX, an ada mircokernel, if you know the site url could
>you please post it?

I've never heard of it. A quick google search netted me the following homepage:

It appears to be a defunct egroups page, although its tough for me to tell
because the page is in french. (I *tried* to learn French in school, really I
did...)

---

* Re: URL for Ada Mircokernl?
@ 2001-07-05 22:58   ` chris.danx
From: chris.danx @ 2001-07-05 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Gerhard H�ring" <gerhard.nospam@bigfoot.de> wrote in message
> On Thu, 5 Jul 2001 20:49:55 +0100, chris.danx <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Someone told me about ADX, an ada mircokernel, if you know the site url could
> >you please post it?
>
> Hi Chris!
>
> I found it: http://site.voila.fr/ProjetADX/index.htm

I've had a look and I'm not very good at french but i can make out some of it.
(Actually i amazed myself with what i could actually remember of french).

Are there any plans for an English page?

> Gerhard
> --
> mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
> web:    http://highqualdev.com              public key at homepage
> public key fingerprint: DEC1 1D02 5743 1159 CD20  A4B6 7B22 6575 86AB 43C0
> reduce(lambda x,y:x+y,map(lambda x:chr(ord(x)^42),tuple('zS^BED\nX_FOY\x0b')))

* Re: URL for Ada Mircokernl?
@ 2001-07-05 23:47   ` B. Douglas Hilton
From: B. Douglas Hilton @ 2001-07-05 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have been having an email conversation with Fr�d�ric who is the project
leader. The project isn't dead, just moving at a snail's pace. Unfortunately
I learned Deutsche as a second language, and haven't ever had much contact
with French until now. I can grok some of it though, and these new browsers
can sometimes translate stuff.
    Also check out MaRTE OS, a real-time kernel written in Ada that uses
OSKit for its drivers. That is cool... using linux drivers with an Ada kernel.
Personally I don't want to re-write any drivers at all unless I make the
hardware. With OSKit you can play with toy kernels and not worry about
the bootloader code. Unfortunately I can't compile MarteOS with Debian
as it is made for RedHat. I've been hacking it though and can get 1/2 way
through the build now.

- Doug

Ted Dennison wrote:

> In article <sw317.5431$Jk6.1228849@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com>, chris.danx
> says...
> >Someone told me about ADX, an ada mircokernel, if you know the site url could
> >you please post it?
>
> I've never heard of it. A quick google search netted me the following homepage:
>
> It appears to be a defunct egroups page, although its tough for me to tell
> because the page is in french. (I *tried* to learn French in school, really I
> did...)
>
> ---
> T.E.D.    homepage   - http://www.telepath.com/dennison/Ted/TED.html
>           home email - mailto:dennison@telepath.com

* Re: URL for Ada Mircokernl?
@ 2001-07-06  0:11     ` Gerhard Häring
From: Gerhard Häring @ 2001-07-06  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:58:19 +0100, chris.danx <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>"Gerhard H�ring" <gerhard.nospam@bigfoot.de> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 5 Jul 2001 20:49:55 +0100, chris.danx <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote:
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >Someone told me about ADX, an ada mircokernel, if you know the site url could
>> >you please post it?
>>
>> Hi Chris!
>>
>> I found it: http://site.voila.fr/ProjetADX/index.htm
>
>I've had a look and I'm not very good at french but i can make out some of it.
>(Actually i amazed myself with what i could actually remember of french).
>
>Are there any plans for an English page?

I am very new to their mailing list, so I am not in a position to comment on
anything like this. You might just join the list and ask. Or you could ask
Fr�d�ric Boyer (his email is on the page). He contacted me in PM a week or so
ago and said that he wants to create a microkernel in Ada and that he searches
motivated people who'd like to help.  That's how I got into contact with it.

Gerhard
--

@ 2001-07-06  1:08     ` Gerhard Häring
From: Gerhard Häring @ 2001-07-06  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 05 Jul 2001 19:47:10 -0400, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:
>    Also check out MaRTE OS, a real-time kernel written in Ada that uses
>OSKit for its drivers. That is cool... using linux drivers with an Ada kernel.

Cool. I wasn't aware of this one.

>Ted Dennison wrote:
>
>> In article <sw317.5431$Jk6.1228849@news2-win.server.ntlworld.com>, chris.danx
>> says...
>> >Someone told me about ADX, an ada mircokernel, if you know the site url could
>> >you please post it?
>>
>> I've never heard of it. A quick google search netted me the following homepage:
>>
>> It appears to be a defunct egroups page, although its tough for me to tell
>> because the page is in french. (I *tried* to learn French in school, really I
>> did...)

The list archives aren't defunct. They are only set to members-only mode.
Getting an account is pretty painless, then il faut s'inscrire pour acc�der
l'archive ...

Gerhard
--

@ 2001-07-06 12:44     ` Marc A. Criley
From: Marc A. Criley @ 2001-07-06 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

"chris.danx" wrote:

> "Gerhard H�ring" <gerhard.nospam@bigfoot.de> wrote in message
> > On Thu, 5 Jul 2001 20:49:55 +0100, chris.danx <chris.danx@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >Someone told me about ADX, an ada mircokernel, if you know the site url could
> > >you please post it?
> >
> > Hi Chris!
> >
> > I found it: http://site.voila.fr/ProjetADX/index.htm
>
> I've had a look and I'm not very good at french but i can make out some of it.
> (Actually i amazed myself with what i could actually remember of french).
>
> Are there any plans for an English page?

You can get machine translations from a number of sites, one being
http://babelfish.altavista.com/. I gave it that ProjectADX URL and it
came out quite well--surprisingly so, to me.

Marc

* Re: URL for Ada Mircokernl?
@ 2001-07-06 14:08       ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2001-07-06 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <slrn9ka184.9uu.gerhard.nospam@lilith.hqd-internal>, Gerhard
=?iso-8859-1?Q?H=E4ring?= says...

>>Ted Dennison wrote:
>>> It appears to be a defunct egroups page, although its tough for me to tell
>>> because the page is in french. (I *tried* to learn French in school, really >The list archives aren't defunct. They are only set to members-only mode.
>Getting an account is pretty painless, then il faut s'inscrire pour acc�der
>l'archive ...

errr....same to you, buddy.

I don't think I'm up to trying to join a french mailing list. I'm still busy
trying to teach myself Mock-Sweedish using Google (
http://www.google.com/preferences?hl=xx-bork ) :-)

---

* Re: URL for Ada Mircokernl?
@ 2001-07-12  1:32     ` Gerhard Häring
From: Gerhard Häring @ 2001-07-12  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 05 Jul 2001 19:47:10 -0400, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:
>[...]
>    Also check out MaRTE OS, a real-time kernel written in Ada that uses
>OSKit for its drivers. That is cool... using linux drivers with an Ada kernel.
>[...] Unfortunately I can't compile MarteOS with Debian
>as it is made for RedHat. I've been hacking it though and can get 1/2 way
>through the build now.

Just FYI:

I had problems, too. I was using the GNAT RPMs from the Ada for Linux team. The
build process aparently needs some stuff from the FSU library (not incl. in the
RPMS), so I installed the "standard" GNAT from ftp.cs.nyu.edu. Now I got the
thing built :-) Perhaps you were experiencing a similar problem on Debian ...

Gerhard